Friday, July 16, 2010

5 days from now..

I'm gonna be a mommy!! Holy crap when did this happen?! I think I can officially say that I am excited. That word doesn't even really seem worthy of the feelings in my heart right now. This week has flown by. Last Friday when we scheduled the c-section, I thought for sure time would grind to a stand still, but it actually hasn't. I think being off work, Josh being back to work and the girls being with their mom this week had something to do with it. Initially I'd think this scenario would have the opposite effect! However, I've been a busy bee! Pattie and I had our 2nd installment to the quilting class last night, so I spent the week (mostly at Pattie's, in the air conditioning!) finishing up my blocks. When I wasn't doing that, I was sneaking in lunches with Josh, spending way too much time at Target and running other fun errands where normally I have 3 people (who I love) less than a step behind me asking if we are done yet! So this was like a whole new world. On top of all that, our bathroom (with the only shower!) was gutted this week! You can tell we Dix's don't like dull moments. So, needless to say, the week has flown by and I can hardly believe that next Wednesday Jack will be here. I am so thrilled words can't even describe.

So to back pedal a bit I have to tell you that I am having so much fun learning how to make my first quilt. Pattie and I left class last week with the assignment to create 36 blocks. I will post pictures soon, I promise. So last night, we showed up with our blocks and began to assemble what our quilts will look like. I think everyone, self included has stereo types about quilting and who does it.. .namely... our Grandmas. Well this just totally blew that opinion out of the water for me. I looked back and forth between Pattie's table and my table where our blocks were spread out. Pattie's looked like Pattie - these frenchy bistro sophisticated gorgeous fabrics... it's stunning! Then you look at mine, which is ALL over the place, bright colors, stripes, polka dots... I absolutely love it! So while we use the same mold... you can make it however you want, whatever you want, in any way you want. It's been SO FUN!

I'm aching to show you pictures, however I am seeking refuge at Dad and Pattie's house again today... mainly because the water is off at my house for the bathroom, and it's hotter than all hell in our house this week! I promise to take pictures tonight if my camera hasn't melted beyond oblivion so you can see how the quilt is coming along!

So, I feel all over the place with excitement and I think the scatteredness of this blog reflects that today! I'll keep you posted and hopefully fill you in a few more details before the madness begins next week!! TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment