Wednesday, July 15, 2009

How funky is your chicken....

I am in a funk. Before I get on my soapbox, let me tell you I know I am lucky to have my job, let alone the job that I have at the company it's at. We have more perks than most can boast (haha that rhymed), and I have an awesome boss. The first year in my current job was fast paced, challenging and rewarding. Even I'm annoyed with how much I sound like a poster child. But since the company took a hit, belts have been tightened. I'm not complaining about the few perks we lost, we are still spoiled. But where it actually sucks the most, is that there are no new projects. The way that trickles down to me, is no new opporunities, no ways to expand my skillset, very predictable mundane workdays. (anyone that keeps track of how often I log into facebook during the week, or how great my farm is doing in FarmTown knows this is easily true). It makes me nervous becuase I feel expendable. How do I justify my job if I'm not doing anything above and beyond, critical to the company? It is NOT a good feeling. Not to sound like a goody tooshoos, but I like that challenge, I'd so rather be busy. So, as a result, I just have no desire to go to work and thats just not fun for anyone. I hope it picks up soon.

What I've decided to do is just try to think ahead, whether its later this week, next week, next month, next year... as to what I KNOW is coming up thats exciting and focusing on that. Whats next you ask? Well since you are dying to find out, let me tell you.. ready.....Gina is coming to visit!!!!! Hooooooooray! We have started making a list of all the reasons this visit will be so fun. Wanna hear it:

- Neither of us have hung out since we can drive, so this will be our first, most likely humorous time alone in a car together
-Gina and I both get to be around someone as equally annoying as the other and don't have to worry about getting on eachother's nerves
-As a result, we get to drive Josh completely insane
-Several consequitive days and nights of drinking and binge eating in our moomoo's (although I admittedly don't have one and need to purchase one before she comes!)
-Shopping Sprees - one which will consist of going to the Big Lots in the ghetto to buy pink flamingos for the yard
-THE BEACH!
-Staying up till the wee hours talking like we used to on the tailgate on Dorena
-Bonfires in the backyard
-and bestest of all getting to see my best friend in the whole wide world :) Don't worry, I'm not getting all mushy on you, Gina and I have the kind of relationship where we won't hug, I'll shove her and call her a bad name for taking so long to get here :)

So screw work, I'm excited for my friend to get here in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment