Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Me and Fritz, we are about to have a problem

Fritz is the "weatherman" if you want to call him that on the Channel 4 11 o'clock news. I usually can hold one eye open long enough to hear his weather report before blissfully passing out asleep every night. (Sometimes I'm woken up on the couch at 11, just to move to bed when Josh is ready lol) With California weather you have to kind of figure it's not rocket science. So usually good ole Fritz with his tiny glasses and beady eyes is not far off. Unless we have real weather. Well, are supposed to have real weather. Example: this week. Monday night he says, and I QUOTE! "The rain will hit Ventura County some time Tuesday evening, and then you will have showers on and off thru Thursday." K, sounds great thanks Fritz, nighty night.

Now I must pause to explain that finding out rain is coming was once a happy occasion. Until you have dogs. Rain for us now equals either muddy dogs when you get home, or having to pull them into the backyard on the leash before work, wait for them to do their business, then lock them in the kitchen all day while we are at work. It's a pain, and I hate doing that to them.

Tuesday morning I wake up and it's a bit dreary outside, but I figure fair enough a storm is a brewing! So, rather than locking the dogs up in the kitchen for 3 whole days, and deal with Chance having an accident, I happily send them outside figuring the rain will not come till we are home anyway. Well Fritz was WRONG! We are literally driving to work as I see rain drops hitting the windshield. Sigh. Fritz's only saving grace was that it never rained that hard, so we thankfully did not have muddy dogs when we came home!

Last night while watching The Biggest Loser, I hear the preview for the news, and its Fritz, his beady eyes now taunting me saying "If you hated the weather today, you are gonna hate tomorrow!" Sure enough come 11pm he's claiming full on rain for today. So, imagine my surprise today, when my alarm goes off, I throw open the curtains to be BLINDED BY THE MORNING SUN!!!! Fritz, YOU ARE A LIAR!!!

Thats all I have to say about that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment