Thursday, April 1, 2010

Finally, feel like we are making progress!

July 28th is my due date and it is a number ingrained in my head. I'm not obsessed with the idea of that being THE day. I get it, Teddy may already be with us at that point, or we may watch that day come and go on the calendar. But for now, this far away, its all I have to hang on to. It seems like light years away. Everyone says "oh coming up soon!" ya not really. At least, when for the last 5 and a half months my life consists of counting the weeks pain stakingly monitoring small milestones... I feel like Ive watched every hour of every day of each week slowly meander by.

However today, I got a little bit of excitement as I looked through the calendar. Next week we have a monthly check up. So I counted ahead 4 weeks to see when our next appt would be and how far along I'd be. That will be the last "monthly" appointment! After that, we will need to start seeing the doctor every 2 weeks as I'll be in my third trimester! YAY!!!! Something about that connection just really makes me feel like we are finally getting somewhere with this!!

Some other out of the ordinary events in the next two months: our 4D ultrasound, glucose test (Bleh, but I'm actually anxious to have it just to get it over with) and my shower!!! This will surely help build some of the realization that it is FINALLY getting near!

No comments:

Post a Comment