Monday, April 19, 2010

Where Assumptions Will Get You

I look as though I have a basketball under my shirt. There is no turning back now, no way to conceal my secret and protect Jack from the world. Not that I didn't want people to know about him, but I liked that it was my decision whether or not people knew at first. Don't get me wrong, I ham it up, running into someone I haven't seen in a while and squealing with delight about whats to come. However, there is always some Eeyore, some dark rain cloud lurking somewhere. This week, it was at the grocery store.

Josh has taken care of the grocery shopping for what seems like the last month so I volunteered to tackle it by myself this week and let him stay comfy on the couch. (he was minutes from dozing under his B, too cute!) So off I went, filling my cart with the usual suspects for the week. Our splurge dinner happens to be bratworst, which we boil in beer and onions before throwing on the grill. So I grabbed a 6 pack of beer and threw it in the cart. I eventually made my way to check out, unloading my cart while the cashier got started. I should say, this cashier actually lives in my neighborhood and stopped at the house JUST to ask about Rufus because she sees him at the fence during the day and can't get over how adorable he is. We've since exchanged stories and while going through her line in the past she's whipped out her cell phone to show me pictures of Bowzer, her bully. So it caught me off guard when she scanned the 6 pack across and with a horribly judgemental eye on my stomach, asked for ID in a tone that was obvious she did not approve. As I bit my tongue, I thought of a few things I wanted to say, I wanted to give her a piece of my hormonal mind, and let her know that only in my dreams would I be able to go home and crack one of these bad boys open right now... or ask for a pack of cigarettes too, just for kicks, or lastly.. point out that she should open her eyes to the gallon jug of chocolate milk she's about to scan and realize theres a much bigger chance THATS for me to pig out on. Really lady? We swapped doggy pictures and you have to ruin all that by assuming I'm a knocked up alcoholic. Well, see if I stand in your line ever again! Meany!!!

On a happy note, today marks 100 days left!! That still feels like an eternity, but I'm happy to move into double digits tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment