Friday, May 14, 2010

Dogs DEFINITELY have personality!

I should start by saying I am so bummed that I did not take a picture to capture this moment. That being said, here's the story.


Time and time again, I've said to Josh "aww look, Rufus looks sad" or happy, or some other emotion.. and Josh always looks at me and talks like I'm deaf and says "DOGS DON'T HAVE EMOTIONS! THEY ARE DOGS, NOT HUMANS!" And I firmly disagree! Of course they do! Well, I think Rufus finally convinced Josh he does in fact have feelings! Josh and I both have big blankets that we keep in the living room for when we want to snuggle up and watch TV. They were folded up in a stack on the floor and Rufus was laying beside them. I pulled mine up leaving Josh's prized "car B" on the ground. Rufus immediately readjusted and sprawled across the car B.. which is a big no no, but I like a little humor so I left him there. A few minutes later Josh came to join me on the couch and ordered a very sleepy Rufus off of his blanket and yanked it out from under him. What happened next was priceless. Rufus stood there GLARING at Josh... for added effect his eyes were bloodshot since he had just fallen asleep. I could see Josh ignoring him, but after at least a good minute, Josh finally broke and laughed and I said OMG He is SO pissed at you! If Rufus could talk all I could picture were swear words!! It was too funny. He stood there for another minute just staring Josh down, then like a total snob, sauntered off to the playroom where is bed is, and stayed there the rest of the night. He showed us!!!

Josh now believes that dogs can show emotion LOL!

Side note - 75 days to go, WOOHOOO!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment