Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Canvas Art

For the longest time our bedroom was in a very sad state. I always ended up spending the time on all the other rooms in the house. It managed to fall into this room of just a bed and a dresser and a place to stash a pile of clutter here and there when unexpected company showed up. Little by little we have been adding things and making more of our space... I'm loving the process! It's funny how new linens can make you just want to sink into bed for 5 minutes longer each morning and the chore of making your bed not so bad for a while. I noticed the other day we had absolutely nothing on the walls, except for some lovely art work from Kali. ;) More on that another time.

I've been on the "little birdie" popular band wagon for a while now.. so after seeing a few similar ideas on line, I decided to try painting a tree branch on canvas and adding a few touches.

Here's how it turned out:

I painted the canvas a light blue that I liked and added some white streaks just because it seemed like a good idea. Now, for the next part, I totally admit I cheated. I found an image I liked, and then I used a projector to trace the image, and painted off of that. Crafty I am, an artist I am not!

I knew I wanted to add birdies, and the image seemed a little flat. So I decided to cut the birds out using my silhouette. I love how they turned out! I didn't take a close up shot, but I purposely printed on plain white card stock and then painted them to add a little texture. in person you really see it.




I'm so pleased at how they turned out!! As usual I was anxious to get the girls' approval and ego-boosting ooohs and ahhs... however, since just Kenzie was here last week, her response was a little lackluster (she's still got that little kid brutal honesty), so I'm happily awaiting Kali's return on Friday to see what she thinks. ;)

On the birdie route, here was something else I picked up at Michaels. They were half off! So cute! I decided to add the mason jar and flowers for good measure. I love the little touch of spring it brings to our room.

Now I need to tackle curtains!  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I love your tree! Its so whimsical and fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have create well-turned wall art, it's really great thought for making a landscape wall art, you have done great work in unique concept, the tree branch wall art print you have added in this post it have amazing look, two yellow color’s birds make this art extraordinary. You have performed very nice creativity, keep it up.

      Read more on Wall Art

      Delete