Monday, June 14, 2010

My Latest Project

As you probably know, I love crafts. I've blogged before about how Pattie taught me to come to terms with the fact that it doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to be fun... and ever since I stopped getting upset if it looked like a 5 year old did it, I've been having fun ever since! So with my baby shower coming up, I knew I wanted to get Pattie something to say thank you for all the millions of things she's done for Jack already. It didn't take long to evolve into something I wanted to make instead. Her awesome cousin, Kristi was able to help get started in the right direction on a project idea. I procrastinated in my new found, let's blame it on the pregnancy, laziness. But last week after work, I set out to Joann's alone.. and a glorious hour later, emerged from the store with 3 bags of goodies and ideas I couldn't wait to put into motion.

As I sat on the floor (Which I later regretted when every part of me ached and the only way I could see what I was doing was to lean forward and my foot jabbed into my belly!) I realized how good it felt to have a new project again! The last oh I don't know 80 trips to Joann's in the past 3 years have been with the girls. Which - I love! But those projects are about guiding, teaching them. It's been a while since I had something to do for me, and it felt so therapeutic.

It ended up taking me a few nights to finish the project. As it came together I realized what other items I needed so I ended up back at Joann's a few times. I even enlisted help from Josh - drilling holes for me! In the end, I was so pleased with how it turned out and could not wait to give it to Pattie! So ... here it is!


It was so fun to have a project to work on again.... I'm itching to get back and start something new! Maybe with my new found free time coming up (YAY MATERNITY LEAVE STARTS SOON!) I might just have to squeeze in one more project before Jack arrives!!

No comments:

Post a Comment