Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Back To Reality...

Next week.. gulp.. I go back to work. To say I don't feel ready is an understatement. There is not an ounce of me that feels ready to leave this little guy for 8 hours of the day. We are lucky enough that he'll be with family (Grandma Tino, and Nana.. aka Pattie) so that softens the blow... but it's tuggin at my heart strings. I'm not really in the mood to talk about that.... so I'll kind of dance around that subject because it is the ultimate reason for this post.. you'll see what I mean.

In preparation for the topic-not-to-be-named, I pulled out my work clothes a few weeks ago. Well. That was a blow to my ego! As I stood there looking at 5 pairs of pants that wouldn't button piled on my bed... all the 'You are pregnant.. have another scoop" and "eating for 2" ... or my favorite "I deserve this..." moments are rushing back to me, as I smack myself upside the head.. stupid stupid stupid! On top of that, my doctor also told me to take it easy for the first 6 weeks, don't rush back into anything, exercise or dieting.. my body needed to rebuild a lot of strength so now wasn't the time to cut calories. Fair enough, but the ice cream fairy still made several deposits at my house in those 6 weeks. My bad. The last 8 weeks have flown by. On top of just getting used to life with a baby, every other week the girls were here for summer break. I felt so blessed to be able to be off of work and spend the time with them, but I will be the first to admit my hands were jam packed full. So whats the first thing to go out the window? Healthy eating. It was way easier, those weeks especially.. to either get take out or just make something quick from a box.. that wasn't healthy. Call me a bad step-mommy... I can take it...sure in a perfect world I would have made us all balanced meals 3 times a day.. but the reality is, I was too freakin tired! So bite me. :)
Anyway, now that I've filled you up with my excuses, let me assure you, I'm done with those and am finally putting things into action. This week I have started exercising... alternating between Biggest Loser workouts on the Wii Fit (they kick my ass to next Tuesday!) as well as getting back into my neighborhood walks that I love and missed so much. (I'm actually not being sarcastic there!) It feels good to sweat and feel like I'm doing something healthy for my body. I feel like I've been sedentary for way too long. On top of that... we've also jumped (it took a few tries) back onto the weight watchers bandwagon. It's tried and true and has worked for us in the past... it just took us a while to be strong enough to stick to it! But now that we are seeing results... some of us faster than others (I hate you Josh) we are committed. So in light of our new found commitment... check out these 3 new recipes we tried this week and loved!



These were a tad bit high in the world of points (9pts per sub) but worth it, in my opinion.. plus, this came together in less than 20 minutes!! You can't beat that for practicality!


Mongolian Beef


This was another super quick dinner, which is always a perk. Warning: if you are sensitive to spice, the chile paste with garlic goes a loooong way! Super yummy though!


Yolanda's Famous Chicken

I don't know who Yolanda is, but she makes some bad ass chicken. At first, I was a tad under impressed with the seasonings.. but each bite I took, it just got better and better. I'm thinking its all in the way its cooked.. I have never fried a chicken breast on the stove and had juice squirt out when I jabbed my fork into it. I'm usually cursed with dry chicken.. so I am SOLD on this!

Anyway, those are my offerings to you for now... next week should be challenging... with my daily routine taking a huge turn (in the wrong direction, if you ask me! Bah!) Wish me luck... and not just on the WW stuff.




No comments:

Post a Comment