Sunday, September 12, 2010

Still Here!

Ok so maybe I made a bunch of empty promises about writing blogs all the while I was on maternity leave and then I never did. But can you blame me?! Rest assured, I go back to work a week from tomorrow (kill me now) and I will have lots of time (assuming work is still slow) to catch you up on all sorts of things!

I honestly can't believe Jack is 8 weeks old this week. It has gone so fast, just like everyone warned me it would. But I'll tell you, I have absolutely loved every minute of it. I don't think I realize how tired I am. I'll be going through one of my normal days home, revolving around when Jack is hungry, wants to play, wants to sleep, and plan things in between. I will feel like man I have GOT this! I could so do this stay at home mom stuff. Then Josh comes home from work and I run an errand and I'm standing at the check out counter wondering why the credit card machine won't accept my driver's license as a form of payment. It's a whole new level of tired I didn't even know existed! But I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Among the millions of things I have been blessed with in this experience so far... knock on wood so I don't jinx this.. Jack has slept thru the night the last 4 nights now. I'm talkin around 8pm to 6-7am... UNREAL! He went from waking up at 2am and 5am, to just waking up at 4am.. and now this. The first night it happened I woke up at 5:45 am flying out of bed thinking the monitor was broken or something was wrong because Jack hadn't woken up yet. But alas I opened his door and there he was, sound asleep, fists above his head (his favorite sleeping position). If he can keep this up it will help Josh and I out tremendously, specially when I go back to work!

I have managed to sneak in a few craft projects in these weeks home. The infamous polka dot quilt that Pattie and I were making is coming along great. It's on hiatus until our additional class we talked the teacher into giving us happens in October. I am so so so pleased with how it looks so far, I can't wait to be able to use it!

I've also ventured into a new thing in the sewing world - using a pattern. I have never tried to follow along and put something together, let alone something with a zipper, so I was a little intimidated. But alas, in about 2 hours I had created something! We use Jack's boppy pillow in a lot of ways, but I wasn't overly crazy about the cover that came with it. I looked up alternate covers, and they all were at least $25. Sure enough, good old google brought me to this adorable blog, www.vanillajoy.com that had step by step instructions that lead me on my way! I am so stoked with how it turned out!

Well I'm amazed that its 10pm, I've had a glass of wine, am still awake, and have managed to write a blog that might actually make some sense. So if I still have any readers that might be checking, thanks for sticking around and hearing what I have to say in my little world!!

No comments:

Post a Comment