Thursday, February 3, 2011

Valentine's Day Wreath

If you know me, you know that I'm not a foofoo lovey dovey person. I call Josh by his name 90% of the time, not "babe" or "hun" or "sweetie"... our terms of endearment fall more into the category of "hey stinky" stuff like that.  What can I say, we are weird.  :)   So Valentine's Day decor is not top of my list of things to do.  However, the girls will be with us on Valentines Day, so I'm making an effort. 

I had to go to Costco Sunday night and SCHUCKS... Michael's is right next door.  So after getting the Costco trip done (ugh it was packed) I rewarded myself with a trip into Michaels.  I saw a cute heart wreath and decided to go with it and see what I came up with.

A few fabric flowers later....


The little cardboard cut out of "True Love" was also a great find at Michaels.  They had a few different v-day sayings... $1 each!  I would have probably preferred to attach a pink or red ribbon at the top but alas I didn't have any. So I decided to go with the earthy feel of the wreath and used up some left over jute I had. 

In case you are curious here is the cost breakdown:
Wreath $3.99
True Love Emblem: $1.00
I used left over fabric scraps to make the flowers, and had the jute on hand. 

Total Cost around $4.99!

2 comments:

  1. So cute...and the price is GREAT!

    Thanks so much for linking up to "20 Below Thursday"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! The flowers are adorable. Michael's is my downfall! I seriously love that place. :)

    ReplyDelete