Sunday, February 27, 2011

Old School Silhouettes


In my many adventures getting lost in blog land I've seen the classic silhouette pictures (that admittedly sometimes look creepy) come back around again. The girls are growing so fast, I'm always interested in ways to preserve their cute tiny little girlness while we can! So I thought this would be a fun rainy day project to try this weekend. (ended up being the only area in SoCal to have clear sunny skies this weekend!)

This was so super easy. I took pictures of the girl's profiles, and printed them out on cardstock. I carefully cut them out with an exacto knife, and painted the paper black. I found some cute scrapbook paper at Michael's to use as a background, and framed the whole thing. I had the oval frames already.

Whatdya' think?? The girls loved it!
P.S. Thats Kali up at the top, and Kenzie down here below.





Cost break down:  Frames, already had but saw at Walmart for $4 each
Carstock at Michaels:  $1.50
Scrapbook paper for background:  $2
Paint: on hand

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I would love to try this...but it might be weird if I would make my husband's silhouette ;)

    Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

    ReplyDelete