Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Lamp Lust

We picked up the girls today for the last partial week of summer *sad*. While we were sitting in bumper to bumper traffic on the 405, we saw the wonderful blue and yellow colored building signalling an Ikea was within our reach. The girls know it as "the store where we can touch EVERYTHING!" so of course they were on board. We high tailed down the off ramp and in we went.

Even if you don't buy anything it's such a fun store to walk around in. Showroom after showroom of endless ideas and vibes. We joked that Kali was going to pass out if she gasped and said "I LOVE this!" one more time. If I won the lottery I would seriously consider furnishing a lot of my home from Ikea. I'm not a snob I don't need a coffee table for $5000 just because I could.


All the while I was enjoying myself, but it was when we got to the room of lamps that I really felt my shopping urge soar. What in the world is it about lighting that just gets me all giddy inside? Beats the hell out of me. But all our lighting at home was purchased from Ikea. Maybe its the cheapskate in me that is filled with oodles of joy over the unbeatable prices or just the fact that they are a little funky and not the standard Bed-Bath-and-Beyond-everyone-has-it lamps. But today, I felt my Kali-sized gasp come out over a new lamp I've not yet seen. It was small, warm, inviting, girly... just what my bedroom needs!! I felt my heart swell up, my hand gently roaming over the frosted design on the glass. I held my breath as I flipped over the price tag. $16!! That was it!!! Oh my ... my brain immediately went to how to justify the fact that I needed this lamp. Unfortunately, the last lamps we bought were... for our bedroom. Boo. Fine. But I WILL be back. I will eventually scheme up something (or accidentally break 2 lamps in our room) and find a justifiable cause to purchase these beauties. I will.

This image doesn't do it justice, but I have to give you some sort of an example!


1 comment:

  1. That lamp is just TOO cute, and has MEGAN written all over it!!

    ReplyDelete