Monday, August 31, 2009

What's for dinner?

In an attempt to not bring the inside temperature of our house to 100 degrees, I went outside to BBQ last night. Josh was in a burger mood, but I was wanting something a little less traditional. One of the things I've fallen in love with in our new world of cooking is fresh ginger. I'd seen it plenty of times on cooking shows, with its weird funky shape and wondered what it was really like to use. The first time I bought it, I looked at it for 5 minutes before deciding how to attack it. My first slice... oh my.. the smell is what gets me. It just makes me want to get creative and start cooking as much as I can. So when I stumbled upon an Asian inspired burger with fresh ginger I was sold.


Turkey Burgers with Special Sauce


http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1197203

Our verdict: Super juicy with lots of flavor. I felt the Dijon was a little overpowering in the sauce, while Josh thought the soy sauce was a little over powering. You be the judge and let us know!

1 comment:

  1. Megan- this looks delicious! Can i please come over for dinner!

    ReplyDelete