Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Not so smart, Santa

It's that time of year.... Christmas shopping time!!! K so I haven't actually bought anything, but my list of ideas is growing and the panicky feeling that I need to start buying things a little at a time is full force. Of the many ideas we are getting for the girls, Josh and I thought it would be a good idea to get Ugg boots. Mind you not "Ugg" brand, but just something cute from Target. They are kids... they grow way too fast for me to spend $100 or whatever it costs on real Uggs! Anyway, I'm thinking to myself maybe a dark brown would be good, something like that. But I wanted to see if they liked them before we committed. So when we were at Old Navy last weekend and I saw I a pair I thought to myself, Perfect! Well, self... you should have paid just a tiny bit more attention to the selection that was there before opening your big fat mouth. Both girls sighed a perfect shopper's sigh and said yes they'd want those... however... they found what they'd want EVEN more.

Kali picked up these (and gasped):


K now let me explain that this picture does not come close to what they look like in person. They are bright GOLD!!! WITH GLITTER!!!!

Here is what Mackenzie picked:

Ok so at least these won't be visible from space, but its a far cry from the dark brown that matches almost everything I had in mind!!!

These girls were just never meant to blend in.





No comments:

Post a Comment