Monday, November 2, 2009

Driving Under A Microscope

Why does driving with my boss feel just like driving with a cop behind me?

Today my boss asked a "huge" favor. (I quote huge because she acted like she was putting me out but really I got to spend an hour of work time driving listening to music, not a bad deal!) She asked me to follow her to her husband's work to drop off his car, and bring her back to Amgen. Sweet, lets go! I set off on the freeway first and as I was nearing the exit, I had a hmmmm moment... her car was waaaaaay back there. I made a mental note to not drive too fast when she got in. We got to his work, they made the trade of keys, and she hopped in. I should stop and say, my boss is kick-ass cool. She's laid back, down with the times... she has her things she's uptight about, but so do I. We set off, and I began rambling about the show "I Survived..." that Josh and I watched last night. A man was scalped by a bear, had his butt bitten, a lady had to convince a rapist that he was "really good in bed" so he'd leave her apartment, and 2 kids relived the horrors of the Virgina Tech Massacre... crazy episode! Anyway, we are flyin down the 101 when I catch her looking at my speedometer. oooooooooooooooops. I was speeding. I tried to act natural as I slowed down a little but I saw her smirking behind her sun glasses. After that, you better believe my hands were at 10 and 2, and I didn't even so much think about turning before my blinker came on.

What is it about an authoritative figure being in your car that makes you drive like their is a cop around you? I've NEVER gotten a speeding ticket, let alone a traffic violation ticket, and I've never (knowingly) caused an accident. Why am I making such a big deal about this? I'm weird.

But seriously, the dude with the bear.. that was some crazy stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment