Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Yummy Stuffed Peppers

Ever notice a meal always tastes better when someone else makes it? I do! I also get a kick out of watching Josh in the kitchen. It's interesting to see our styles.. I'm more of a .... "sure, that looks like 1 tsp." and he's more into getting the spoon out, leveling it with a knife to make sure its exact. Ok, he's not that precise but he's much more structured about it than I! Last week he decided he wanted to try something from the Cooking Light cookbook we have. He made a stuffed peppers recipe. It wasn't as dry as the picture looks, at all!



Also, while it was baking in the oven, all of our peppers slid to their sides... but the flavor was there, it was delicious!

While we were waiting for the peppers to cook, it sparked the conversation, how exactly do you attack this once it's time to eat? Do you immediately break down the pepper and have a little with each bite? Or treat it as a bowl and only eat the insides? Well we did both. I dissected it (I love bell peppers) and Josh was happy to just scoop it out. Either way it's a definite do-over in our book!

No comments:

Post a Comment