Sunday, November 14, 2010

Baby Shower Fun

This weekend did not go as planned. I had to go and get sick. I've actually been fighting a cold and it came to a head this weekend, totally knocking me off my feet. So I am totally disappointed to report I did not make it to Jenny's (Josh's sister) baby shower. However, I do some things I can share.

Josh's Aunt Harriet enlisted me for help on a project. Jenny requested a candy table and Harriet wanted something cute for guests to be able to use to put candy in. I googled and found these adorable pail kits at Michael's... even came with labels to print out "it's a girl!" Puuurfect. Well silly me waited until Friday night to go get them. Josh, Jack and I trekked into Michael's only to realize the pails were TINY. Like.. how about a gumball or two and that's it, tiny. Silly me should have paid more attention to the size ratio printed on the box! duh.
Hmmm.... enter panic mode! I did remember walking by mini Chinese food take out boxes... so I showed them to Josh and asked how we could make this work. Twenty minutes later we had a plan. What would I do without him?



These cuties only took about an hour to assemble all together. I haven't heard how the shower went yet, but I hope they were a hit!



More on what we made for Jenny, to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment