Monday, November 1, 2010

Our Halloween!

Happy Halloween! Here is our little guy in his first costume... he was such a trooper! It was a REALLY warm costume, and he runs hot like his daddy as it is... he put up with pictures and visits with grandmas and grandpas!
What a weekend! I am pooped! Right now, we only see Josh's girls on the weekends. So when they are here, we jam pack a lot into our days sometimes. This weekend was no exception. Saturday we picked out our pumpkins, made cookies to decorate and of course carved our pumpkins. We also had to watch the Shrek Halloween special and the Charlie Brown Pumpkin Patch Classic. Here are some highlights:

I have never made cookie dough for cookie cutters... so I went onto the trusty allrecipes.com website and found this recipe. I made it in the morning before we headed out to run errands and by the time we were ready to make cookies about 3 hrs later, it was good to go. They were super yummy too, so I'd highly recommend the recipe!

Once they cooled, we were good to go with decorating.. the best part. These cookies ended up NOT being passed around to family after Kali and Mackenzie had such a good time licking their fingers after every single cookie. LOL we'll keep our germs in the house thanks!





As a side note I had a moment of brilliance after we put the last batch of cookies in the oven. Mackenzie is a difficult, picky eater. It's a daily battle. Well since we already had the table covered in flour, we decided it would be a great night to make pizzas. I was rolling out the dough for the girl's pizza and thought hmmm.. yep! You can use cookie cutters on pizza dough! The girls loved it! I was so tickled at the idea, the next morning we had Halloween shaped pancakes too.... (enter Josh's eye roll here). Hey at least we got our money's worth out of the Halloween cookie cutters!


Anyway, onto the pumpkins. Every year I egg the girls on, to get the biggest pumpkins they can find. I always do this in a moment of stupidity, forgetting that I live in a house full of sissies who refuse to touch 'icky pumpkin guts'... so after I gutted 5 (ugh!) pumpkins, they were ready to carve!
Jack helped!




No comments:

Post a Comment