Monday, November 22, 2010

Stockings & Quilts

This weekend, the Joanns flyer came in the mail (swoon!).... with allll of their black Friday sales and coupons to boot. By the third "look at this!" to Josh I had received enough eye rolls to know the excitement was limited to my side of the room. Besides a personal Cricut getting marked down to $69.95 (seriously?!) and all their holiday items 50% off (woohoo!) the biggest sale for what I already need is on fabric. Kali really wants to make a rag quilt which uses flannels. To give you an idea of the deep sale... regular price on all flannels is $5.99 and up. This weekend all flannels are $1.29 a yard! Are you for real? So I think I'm going to put a "kit" together for her so she can make one. I am so excited!

I'll also need to pick out some super cute Christmas fabric to make these babies:

I was so excited when I just "ran" into Joanns for a "minute" last night and all the McCalls patterns were on sale for $1.99 (regular price $15.95... I LOVE a good sale!) and they still had the Christmas one I wanted with the super cute stockings. Now, patterns scare me. I am still such a beginner that I get confused. Just ask me about the curtains I am making for Jack. My biggest downfall is cutting. The whole measure twice cut once thing, should be measure about 50 times, have someone else check it... ask if they are sure.. again.. and then make them be the ones to cut, for me. So hopefully these are a success! The nerd in me is SO excited for our family to have matching stockings! Is it weird to buy enough fabric for another one in case Jack ever gets another sibling? (Josh turned white when I asked this, hahahahaha!)

So I think Joanns is just about the only place I am going to brave Friday morning.. I just can't pass up those fabric sales!!


I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment