Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Where is Ms. Manners when you need her?

So after reading a friend's blog about someone who is causing major unhappy waves in her workplace... it got me grumpy on the thorn in my side at my work place. In our little area, we are blessed with a loud talker. I should say, this individual is already an odd duck.... to be put nicely. But the driving force of all whining and complaining is the constant teleconferences he is on. Once he's on a call... not only does his voice increase, but he literally turns to face me and the other unfortunate soul that have to listen to this. This screams arrogance to me, because when he's on a personal call, his back is turned, his voice lowered.. as it should be for all calls. If it is arrogance, he is sadly mistaken because the sound of him "taking charge and telling people how it is" is read by me as "I think I know everything and chances are everyone in the room is rolling their eyes at me."

What is weird to me is, the other unfortunate soul has access to his calendar and often times, not only is the meeting he calls into in this building (we are on a large campus) but it's also on the same floor!!!! Why are you not going in person?! This baffles me.

(as a side note, as I'm writing this - he is getting on another call. Is that my karma for bitching about this?)

Here are the list of things we've tried to do to make it clear it's disruptive:
- my boss has slammed her door
- we put on earphones (and make a big production with heavy sighs, as we unravel the cords)
- we be loud on purpose trying to drown him out
- shoot evil death rays in his direction
- we've slid him notes asking him to lower his voice
- spoken to his boss


Does any of this work??? NO!!!!!!!!!!

Ok so I know some of you might be whispering to yourself - umm Megan.... you aren't exactly someone I would describe as quiet. Right? I know. BUT - I'm also not stupid. (shut it.) I know when to shut my mouth. Sure there are moments where a few of us get going and I wear my cackle queen crown proud - but I also know when to keep my head down, work hard and shut up! Seriously, someone give this guy a clue!

No comments:

Post a Comment