Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Kitchen Cafe Curtains

Remember a few postings ago when I asked if fabric was cute or not? Well, I splurged and got it!  I couldn't make my kitchen curtains fast enough, I was so excited.  Wouldn't you know, the down fall of the whole hanging curtain debacle would be Josh and I?  Apparently.. we are unable to purchase curtain rods like normal human beings.  First Josh purchased 2 rods that were too small.  Then I picked up what I thought was a 2-pack but was really a double rod... All I wanted to do was hang my curtains!

Now, don't mind the rest of my kitchen/living room in the picture.  We have officially outgrown this home and can't wait to move to a bigger place but it's just not going to happen for a little while yet.  So these curtains are my first attempt post-accepting-we-are-here-for-at-least-another-year-so-I-better-make-it-cute-and-as-liveable-as-possible.  So look at the pictures as an opportunity to see all the cute things I can do to make the space awesome while we are in it! 

I haven't been home when lighting is optimal so my apologies for the harsh lighting...


 Hiding behind the 2 bottom panels is an AC window unit.  We are so grateful to have it but man it's an eyesore!  You can see the little top of if sticking thru the window. All the more reason to just cover it all while not in use! Hmm... I also need to pretty up that space on the wall where a phone base is no longer needed!

I am so in love with them.  Next I want to make a fitted curtain for the pocket window on the door just to the left of this window.  I also think I'll have enough fabric left over to make cute place mats.

All I need to do now is finish those two things, get a farm house table with a bench, paint the cabinets white (woohoo, Dad aka landlord gave the green light.. I'm scared to do it though!) paint an accent wall and hang a shelf... I can do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment