Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Personal Post

My blog started more of an open journal forum for me, to talk about the latest trials and tribulations in our crazy family.  As I started to get into crafts it took over, and I love that, it keeps me busy! But today I am feeling the need to go back and talk about something important to me. 

When I was 3 months old, we lost our mom.  Being so young, I obviously don't have any memories of her. I feel I have gone through different phases of accepting it and acknowledging it.  I think it's pretty understandable that as I started my journey of becoming a mom, a lot of new feelings surfaced.  I finally understand what I lost in loosing her.  There is a bond that Jack and I have that is stronger than anything I can explain.  I think not having that has made me realize how badly I want to have that with him - poor guy, LOL ya, I'm so gonna be that mom in his life! 

Anyway, she was buried at a local cemetery that I regrettably don't visit as often as I should.  Last night we decided to make an impromptu trip over there so Jack could finally 'meet' her in that respect. 

I admittedly felt a little odd taking pictures. I had an image of Jack 15 years down the road telling us how creepy we were for taking pictures but there was just something so peaceful about Jack in that moment that made what is usually a hard visit for me to make, quite serene.  I left with a happy heart!



One thing about Jack that everyone comments on are his crazy blue eyes, since  Josh and I both have brown eyes.   My mom had blue eyes, so I like to tell myself it was her gift to us, so I'd see a little of her in him every day.  I know realistically it's a genes but hey, whatever makes you happy, right?

Then I added this one because it's so stinkin cute and it's my blog and I can :)



No comments:

Post a Comment