Saturday, March 26, 2011

Pencil Pouches & More Silhouette Fun

I have spent the day with a cranky, teething 8 month old and two poor little girls with the stomach flu.  What a day. There were moments of chaos and ickiness but in the down time I actually got a few sewing projects finished up that I had been meaning to do.  The plus side to staying home all day!

Anytime I clean out the girls' backpacks there are always a ton of broken crayons and pencils at the bottom.  I was tired of throwing them away so I decided to make these little pouches.  I found the cute fabric on sale at Joanns. 

I just ordered smooth heat transfer paper for my Silhouette so this was a thought out opportunity to try it!

If I could give one tip to any new users... after you apply the heat, let it sit a minute and cool before taking off the transfer paper.  I couldn't figure out why it wasn't sticking - I was being too impatient!

 Sorry for the bad lighting, the sun disappeared before I could take decent shots!


Off to do a mountain of laundry....

2 comments:

  1. Cute! Stumbled upon your blog from a linky (linksy? I'm new to this and spell-check says that neither is correct) party. Anyhow, the broken crayons comment reminded me of this: http://www.marthastewart.com/article/crazy-crayons

    ReplyDelete