Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I feel him! OMG. It's real.

So, it's not that I'm in denial that I'm pregnant. I live and breathe it, it's all my spare thoughts are devoted to. But in some sense, it doesn't feel real yet. Maybe it won't until he's in my arms... but I'll tell ya. A few days ago, I felt something. I'll be totally frank, at first I dismissed it as gas. But it started to happen pretty regularly. I only noticed it at night when I was laying down. I hesitated to say anything to Josh because I had no way to know for sure what I was feeling. But I did talk to him, and we read on line all the 'tell tale' signs of what it should feel like. Days later, I can easily tell you I'm feeling him move around!!! Just like everyone says, it feels like popcorn popping in my stomach, or a butterfly... but as he's getting stronger, I think an air hockey puck panging around is a better example!!

I'm more excited for Josh to be able to feel it. I feel like so many of the experiences of bringing him into this life only involve me. I'm sure Josh is more than grateful for the majority of the not pretty side effects (ligament stretching pains, acne, LABOR!) but I do love sharing whatever I can with him. Mackenzie is also extremely impatient about wanting to feel him move! So it will be very exciting to share this with the girls as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment