Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Freak Out Mode!

With "What To Expect When You Are Expecting" as my current bible always by my side, and my daily (multiple) scans on babycenter.com, I keep reading that right around now is the freak out time for new parents. When I skipped ahead in the earlier weeks and saw this, I kind of thought hmmm... kinda too late for that isn't it?

Well hi, welcome to freak out week. I'm not freaking out about omg, we are going to have a baby and our lives are changing, that reality is here, trust me! It's the worrying. All the sudden it seems like there is so much we need to accomplish and have done and out of the way before July.. so much that there can't possibly be enough time to really be successful. It's completely overwhelming!!

On top of that I'm suddenly shockingly aware that all I have been reading about is my pregnancy. Well thats just the start of it! Reading snip its like "you aren't supposed to give the baby a bath for the first week.." really? why? What if I didn't ever know that and I did, could I harm the baby because the umbilical cord is still too fragile? Then one girl posted on the message boards that with her first born, she went to give him a bath and could not figure out how to turn him over to wash his back without dropping him and she called her mom sobbing 45 minutes later. What if I can't turn the baby? All I can say is THANK GOD Josh has been thru this. I seriously think this is the best blessing I could have ever asked for. I'm the first one in my family going thru this, so there aren't a ton of moms for me to turn to to ask those 800 "obvious" questions that once you've been there you can smile in understanding and walk a person through. So it really puts my mind at ease to know I will have Josh by my side and that we are going to be an awesome team.

However, right now, I'm going to make a list. Of allllll the things that we MUST get done before July! Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment