Saturday, February 6, 2010

It's a Boy!!!!!

Ahhhhh finally, we know!!! Like we really waited an eternity, I know. But seriously, it was slowly killing me to have to wait any longer. :)

Our appointment was scheduled for 2:30pm today. At 10am we got a call that there was an opening at 11am, so we rushed to get everyone ready and out the door! We were so excited!! We were ushered into a pleasantly dimmed room with lots of comfy chairs and a big comfy couch. Music was playing softly in the background and there was a giant flat screen TV on the wall with a blank ultrasound image waiting patiently for us to get settled. The girls were kind of squirmy and giggly, indecisive on where to sit. They have had a wager going for weeks.. Kali wants a boy, Kenzie wants a girl. Kali ended up on Josh's lap while Kenzie hid behind my chair and held my hand. I reclined back (seriously, this was luxurious compared to the doctors office where I have to strip down and have a paper blanket over me!) and all eyes were on the screen. One cold squirt of gel and some pressure on my tummy later, and there he was! ASLEEP. WHAT! Oh come on!!! Not just asleep, but sitting 'Criss-cross-apple-sauce" as Kenzie pointed out.. hiding everything. I had downed a ton of water before the appointment so she suggested I go use the restroom and handed me a giant tootsie roll to eat on my way out.

In the bathroom I won't lie... I did some jumping jacks, shook my tummy a lil and Teddy and I had a pep talk. Wake Up! I begged!! I gulped down another glass of water and took my seat back in the comfy chair. She moved her wand thingy around for what felt like an eternity, not saying a word. We all were stealing glances at each other wondering if anyone really knew what was going on LOL.

Finally she revealed that she was pretty sure she knew the gender, but she just needed to double check. Sounded vaguely familiar of what our doctor was trying to do. Getting antsy, Josh and I got a little distracted talking with the girls, trying to keep them excited, when the screen froze, an arrow appeared, and she typed "BOY" across the screen. Josh and I sort of did an excited laugh, Kali exclaimed in the air that she knew it! But the show stealer in this moment was Kenzie. They had a table with toys set up for little kids who might not be all that interested in the brother or sister entering their lives. The second she heard the word boy, she was done. She marched right over to the table and began playing. It was the funniest thing I have ever seen. It was like she was saying "well I didn't get what I wanted so I don't care anymore!"

As soon as I was safely down the flight of stairs out of the building I was calling my parents. Pattie answered and I blurted out "it's a boy!!!" looking back I think she was trying to tell me to hold on so she could get my Dad but I didn't wait LOL. I guess I should have thought about that, but I was just way too excited!! Luckily he was in the same room as her and she was able to relay right away.

So! The great mystery is solved!! Hooray! Now the daunting task of picking a name. ugh! It is so much more overwhelming than I thought!

But now life can go on, back to normal for now! I am so excited to have found out, but the past few days have been exhausting. I look forward to a few less surprises over the next few weeks and a normal routine returning!

No comments:

Post a Comment