Friday, October 9, 2009

Cute Little Mini Cheesecakes

I love to cook. I love baking even more. It's so much more fun when its a sweet and yummy treat and not a dinner you had to make. So 2 years ago or so (geez, really?) Josh started going on and on about wanting me to try to make cheesecake. So, one weekend when he went with his Dad and Uncles to Laughlin I went out and bought a spring form pan. What an odd contraption. Next, I began the hunt for the perfect recipe. Personally, I love the "allrecipes.com" website. What I like is that people put their reviews on it, so you can know if it was good, or bad, what they changed, etc. Now I'm not going to give up all my secrets, but the recipe I found had over 1500 positive reviews. Works for me, and off to the grocery store I went. 8 hours later (there is a fool proof process not everyone knows) I sliced into pure heaven. How was I going to NOT eat this entire thing before Josh came home??? Oh my. I did not want to share it.

So there developed my famous cheesecake. We've made chocolate crusts, added white chocolate, raspberry toppings... made all sorts of sauces to drizzle on top.. its fool proof, seriously.


While sitting in bliss eating cheesecake one day, I told Josh about this place close by I used to buy the BEST mini cheesecakes from. (They made full size too.) I remembered reading that they started selling them at the local Farmers Market, and they got so popular they got a store and made it an official business. So we added this to one of our many ideas to "get rich and not have to work at a desk" dream jobs. Hey, it could happen!


My latest desire is to get cute little mini springform pans, and make little ones, so I can experiment with the flavors a bit more. I'd love to have some more variety! Plus the pans are so cute, see:

I'll have to keep you posted and let you know what recipes worked and which didn't... then you can kiss up to me in hopes I'll make ya one! ha!

3 comments:

  1. um...if I stoop to kissing up to you, you dang well better make me a full size cheesecake, not a cheap little fun size one. I just wanted to clarify that point before I say:
    Dang I didn't know you were the cheesecake queen, I suck at making cheesecake, when I come out there you have to show me how to do it, you don't even have to share all your spiffy secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For you, I will show you my secrets! But only you, and only when you arrive at my doorstep :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can attest: Megan is the queen of cheesecake!

    Now, go forth and make me a mini pumpkin flavored one, will ya? ;-)

    ReplyDelete