Monday, October 19, 2009

Do you dream of punching hookers?

I do.

So last night, I had a dream that someone was trying to get into our home. Not like a guy in a ski mask kind of situation, but where I was physically trying to stop someone from crossing the threshold into our home. When I looked up, it was literally this 8 foot tall woman with a tight grey dress and a pound of make up. Her hair was done in a sloppy fresh twist. I remember her just towering over me in her hooker heels. I had something that she desperately wanted, and while her monkey arms tangled around mine, we were jabbing elbows, pushing, pulling and hitting each other, and I had this overwhelming urge to punch or slap her in the face. But I had that horrible dream sequence feeling of not being able to make the motion. My arms simply would not go above her waist to hit. The frustration was maddening.

I woke up with the same expression you are probably making right now... WTF?

I didn't think much of it until Scotty teased me endlessly on facebook about having nightmares that could have been avoided had I sipped a hot cup of Stevens Brand of delicious hot chocolate. So I googled "dreams about not being able to punch someone"... oddly enough, the answer I got makes some sense.

"It’s common to dream of throwing punches and not being able to connect with the person you’re throwing punches at. Or maybe you’re able to connect, but the punches have no power or strength behind them. Do you feel that you’re fighting against someone or something in your life but getting nowhere?"

So, while I never take dreams to seriously, this does put things in perspective. I have a confession, I hold grudges. To this day, I will purposely put my eggs last on the conveyor belt at the grocery store if I have the same stupid clueless bag boy who put them under 3 cans of beans 6 months ago. I refuse to park next to certain cars at work because one time they parked too close to me. I'll admit I've ignored friend requests on facebook from someone who was mean to me one day in high school. It's just who I am. Soooooo.... I gueessss that the consequence to that, is I might occasionally get myself wrapped up in silly things. I think if I can take away 2 lessons from this dream, I will be in good shape.

1) Learn to let some of the silly stuff go
2) Never trust an 8 foot tall hooker

No comments:

Post a Comment