Thursday, October 22, 2009

Pine Needles and Shady Behavior

Oh the saga continues. You had to know when I first told you about Pony Tail Guy (PG)... my neighbor... that throwing palm tree leaves into my yard and having a loud mouth wife could not be the extent of why this man drives me bonkers. It's not. However, this does tie in to leaves falling. It's fall, it happens. Regular tree leaves, palm tree leaves, and pine needles. PG has a huge pine tree in his front yard, he used to have 2. They cut the bigger one down. I remember this day because the tree in question was near the property line between our homes. I was woken up on a Saturday to a chain saw outside my bedroom window, and a loud THUMP that made us jump out of bed. Their courteous tree trimmer was letting the giant pieces of tree fall onto our roof. Sure do wonder if that contributed to leaks the following winter. Anywho, the other tree remains, and it is amazing to me how pine needles get tracked into our home. But unlike PG, I take it in stride..the wind blows, needles will fall in our yard, life goes on.

Where life doesn't go on.... is the mysterious manifestation that appears in the gutter in front of our houses. Theirs is clean, and neat. Free of pine needles. However, about 2 feet into the gutter in front of our house, is a suspicious pile of needles. Same goes for the side walk. Odd indeed. When trash day arrives, our yard is a curious vortex for trash, strangely at that 2 foot mark in the gutter between our property lines. Quite perplexing!! However! Where my conspiracy theory comes to play, is not in our trusty trash men, or even PG.... it's .. are you ready? The street sweeper. Every week he comes by, dutifully and on time. Every few weeks, he skips our house. No cars are parked in front of the house, no obstructions (other than the pile of needles) in the way... it makes no sense to me why he'd skip our house. You can literally see the tire marks from his vehicle swing wide by a 6 foot gap, purposely cleaning the middle of the street where no trash lies. The only rational reasoning that I can figure for this, is that street sweeper and PG are best friends. I would be willing to bet you $100, right now that next week if I camped out in the bushes, after SS comes by, he'll slow down to give PG a high five as he comes back around to polish their gutter for a 2nd time just to make sure it's spotless. I'm sure of this. Just you wait and see!!

No comments:

Post a Comment