Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Halloween Rag Wreath


When I found this Halloween Rag Wreath on the Sassy Sanctuary blog, I fell in love! It is so cute, and extra perk: it was way easy!! (Side note: There are like 50 things on the Sassy Sanctuary blog I'm dying to try... check it out when you have a minute, so many cute things! )

I loved it so much, I actually made 2. The first one turned out adorable, and Pattie (aka Nana!) seemed to agree so it felt right to hand it on over and make another! I skipped the black bow on both because I could not find cute black ribbon anywhere. 2 weeks before Halloween?! Whats up with that.
The process is really easy. These handy wire wreaths came in a few sizes, but having 4 rows really lets you get the wreath looking full. I bought 2 and a half yards of each. (Sassy's blog actually suggests 1 and a half but in Joanns, I was SURE it was 2!) So I had LOTS left over, hence my making two! Anyway, cut them down to 1x6inch strips and just begin tying them to the wreath... I was lazy and single knotted, but if you have the patience you'd probably be smart to double knot them so none slip out! After each row I'd change which fabric I started with so the pattern was random throughout.
After you paint your letters (I wished I had some glitter to add to them!) hot glue a bobby pin to the back to act as a hook, and you can secure them to the wreath. Way fun!!

Apologies for using camera phone pictures... not enough hours in the day!! I snapped these quick shots this morning while Josh was loading Jack up in the car and then we were off!


This was the wreath I ended up giving to Pattie.

This one ended up on our front porch!


I love Halloween! :)

1 comment:

  1. They are so cute! Thanks so much for the kind email. You totally made my day and I'm so glad you found my tutorial helpful. I'm going to show this off on my next feature post so watch for it.

    Thanks!
    Krystal

    ReplyDelete