Monday, October 18, 2010

Spooky Halloween Jars

I have been impatiently waiting for the girls to arrive this last weekend so we could try out a new craft I had found. I found these painted luminaries from Crafts By Amanda. Once I saw how simple they were I figured we had to try them out!

If I was more on my game, I would have pictures of the process including showing the girls having fun painting, but..... I forgot. :) We ran out of tea lights so not all are lit, but you get the idea! Super cute!

These came together really fast. All you need is some mason jars and acrylic craft paint. Side note: I was kind of surprised to find that Joanns didn't carry mason jars... however, Ralphs (next door to our Joanns) had them, 12 for $10. Not too bad!

Back to the jars. We did one layer of paint. I agreed with the blog I pulled this from that they looked more authentic and spooky to not be perfect and solid colored. I really like the way the glass still shines thru on some parts. Once the paint was dry we used a sharpie to draw on faces, then filled it in with black paint. One coat of a shiny sealer later and you are good to go! I love the way they turned out!


In other news, we went to the Calabasas Pumpkin Festival this weekend. The rain stopped for a few hours so we really lucked out. It was a blast!! Here are some pics:













1 comment:

  1. They are wonderful Megan! They turned out so dang cute! Thanks for sharing these with me, it's always so fun when someone makes one of my projects! :) :) :) Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete